SAFETY & HEALTH OFFICER
• Possess Safety Officer Certificate from OSHA or NIOSH.
• Preferably 3 – 5 years working experience in manufacturing industry and Engineering background.
• Experience in security of the company.
• Possess safety related training such as Basic Fire Fighting, First Aid and or any other industrial training is an added advantage.
• The candidate should have a pleasant, interactive and mature attitude with the ability to adapt, coordinate and communicate well with all employees and ability to enforce the company’s health & safety policy.
• Good knowledge of MS Office.
• Responsible for all Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) issues and to ensure that the company is in compliance with local regulations and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines such a Department of Safety & Health (DOSH), Department of Environment (DOE), Ministry of Health Department and Fire Services Department, FM and other insurance bodies.
• Establish ISO 14001 : 2004 and OHSAS 18001 : 2007 requirements and successfully prepared the ISO 14001 : 2004 and OHSA 18001 : 2007 committee members for the certification.
• Conduct Safety Audits, report findings and follow-up with operations team to improve plant EHS standards.
• Responsible to setup a challenging EHS management objective.
• Assist the corporate EHS committee to perform internal and external audit and take necessary action to improve EHS standard.
• Identify hazard environment through inspection and maintain detailed inspection or investigation records, prepares reports, and attend to other related administrative requirements..
• Prepare reports on develop, maintain and update safety & health policies of the company.
• Organize and coordinate company Safety Committee and Emergency Response Team (ERT).
• Carry out incident and accident investigation and provide interventions from EHS subject matter expert perspective.
• Ensure strict enforcement of all employees is well equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and employee abides with established safety and health guidelines.
• Preparing all relevant periodic reports for relevant government and agencies.
• Respond and liaise with relevant government and local authorities and agencies like DOSH & DOE.
• Enforce all Safety & Environmental rules and guidelines to ensure that employees, vendors and contractors strictly adhere.
• Responsible for Security Section of the company. Oversee and train all Security personnel.
• Other tasks as assign to you by your Head of Department from time to time.